- Avoid having in your house Christmas decorations that include foods like cranberry and popcorn. They can be very toxic for your dog if it falls off the tree and get eaten by your dog.
- If possible, avoid real Christmas trees as they can be dangerous for your dog if he eats the pine needless or drink the water of the tree.
- Be careful of family visitors who are not used to having pets, may leave dogs open which in turn can let your
- Your dog can ingest glass by eating season ornaments like glass bulbs and tinsel. Eating glass ornaments can cause major problems for your puppy.
- Beware of candles as dogs can create fires by knocking them over.
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Mark Vette, a dog trainer in a city shelter has trained 3 rescue dogs how to drive a car, New Zealand TV3 reported.
With the support of The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Vette decided to demonstrate how intelligent a rescue dog can be.
After months of indoor training the 3 dogs have learned how to change gear, brake and steer with very little help from the trainers.
Your dog not yet ready to drive? pet taxi new york
To encourage the dogs to touch and move the parts of the car necessary to drive, they were given doggy treats. After they had mastered the basic movements needed to drive, trainers put them in mock cars where they training continued.Vette's goal was to train them on basic blocks of commands that will later be chained together into a sequence.
On the final stage of their training dogs were learned how to change speeds.
A modified cars was then created by engineers and a television show has been set up for Dec 10th when the dogs will be demonstrating live their skills at driving a car.
Blog by Pet Taxi New York : nyc pet taxi service
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Many cats of all ages will be available for adoption this Sunday Dec 15th, 2012 in Staten Island NYC.
The event is organized by Petsmart and The Mayor's Alliance for NYC Pets .
Staten Island PetSmart
1520 Forest Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10302
More Info: http://www.louieslegacy.org/home/
Are you thinking on adopting a cat? here are 5 great reasons to do so:
1) Cats are very loving and affectionate with you.
2) According to some studies having a cat can reduce blood pressure and heart disease.
3) Cats are low maintenance pets.
4) Cats can be left home alone longer periods. They are very independent.
5) Cats usually do not need a lot of space, making them a perfect companion for NYC small
Reason number 6 (bonus):You will be saving a life!
Article by Pet Taxi New York - pet taxi nyc service